Saturday, October 25, 2008

 

WHAT DO WE CALL HOME?

Everytime I 've moved I had all my friends asking the same question: Don't you miss your home? The thing is: What do they define by home? or worse, what do I define by home? I have been moving homes since I am 15. Never far away from the same city. However, I have never come to form an attatchment to any physical possession or wall, or door or room even to a garden, no matter how much effort I had put into making it look gorgeous.
With time and years and random moving I have come to understand the English when they say, Home is where you hang your hat. I have hung my hat many times in many different places, so the moment i step in and i take off my shoes, i feel at home.
So do my kids, blessed no doubt by having me as a mother, or cursed they may think, but they feel as much as i do about this. Home is what we know, the comfort of a warm, cosy place in winter or the window through which we see our lives go by. HOme is what we love, weekends in bed, playing endless battles where we team against the other and drive him or even me crazy by pricking where most bothers... or working together in the kitchen where we cook chipa together, or breakfast prepared by Manu every Sunday, where the most experienced waiter would be at a disadvantage. Home is where we love and feel loved. HOme is us, each of us, we three are home, whereever we go. In our hometown or on holidays, in a wonderful hotel room or in the cheapest accomodation we can afford. Home is our hearts, tender and full of love for each other, not so patient though, but always ready to embrace the one who feels worse that day. HOME IS WHAT WE KNOW AND LOVE, the fact that no matter where life takes us, we can always count on each other

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?