Friday, October 03, 2008

 

As time goes bye

Life is a funny maze that keeps of winding and winding and let’s you stranded from time to time. But that is only apparent, for we are never really still, even when we think we are something is going on below the surface. Is it growing up? Is it enhancing our capacity to defend ourselves from endless failures? Whatever it is, it feels like the throbbing that imperceptible pushes your blood everywhere else. It is like a million ants running below your skin, and there we are again, feeling alive, full of energy and ready to enjoy a new ride. For what is life but a bunch of rides that bring thrill and excitement every time you venture into something new.
Something that has always amazed me is the capacity that human beings have to recover from the worst and make a new start. Is it this rescilient capacity humanity has to touch botton line and start again a gift? That much I don’t know but what I know for sure is that time heals all wounds and time cleans all cobwebs and there is always a bright window somewhere we can look through. And everytime we are stronger that the previous one and ready to get on a new experience and to make the most of it, just for the time it lasts.
I have come to understand that I have completely lost the belief of the old coined “for ever” things are just for now. Many a time I have uttered the expression “life is not a rehearsal” without actually putting into practice myself. However, almost kicking forty, I have come to value the flavour of readiness and the openness towards new concepts of life. Unfortunately, we live in a society that determines how life should be lived and according to what paradigms. To Heck with them. I’m happy to say I have found my own paradigm to abide by and feel pretty happy to live by it. No regrets, no explanations, no constrains.

Comments:
Me gusta tu blog. Es una agradable sorpresa. Yo soy un sociólogo de Portugal y le ganó un nuevo admirador. También puede, me visita en http://sociologiaparaprincipiantes.blogspot.com/
Saludos
Paulo Gonçalves
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?